Monday, September 2, 2013

Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga

I Kissed a Girl vs. Just Dance

I Kissed a Girl
These are both amazing singles and they've both came out a month apart back in 2008. It's kid of hard to choose on this on and this is only the first single. Both of them came out strong, but there has to be a winner on this one. I'll have to give it to Katy Perry's 'I Kissed a Girl'. Even though 'Just Dance' was a good song, 'I Kissed a Girl' just had a more fan base and people where into one more than the other. This one was the one that put Katy Perry on the international map. But the choice was very close.

I Kissed A Girl/ Just Dance on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

Hot N Cold vs. Poker Face

Poker Face
Again, these are two great songs from two very talented young ladies but this one to me was a no brainer. 'Poker Face' was the song that let everyone know that Lady Gaga was here and she was here to stay. But 'Hot N Cold' let the fans know that you had your choice and the other option was Katy Perry. Not to say that she was the second option, but whomever you were comfortable in listening to, that's up you, the fans. But the winner in this singles battle, 'Poker Face'. I mean come on, the song won a Grammy.

Hot N Cold/ Poker Face Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

Thinking of You vs. Paparazzi

Paparazzi
Now these next singles show the two ladies in another form. We've already seen them danced and rocked out. Now we get to hear their softer side. Both songs are beautiful in their own way when you listen to them both. If I really wanted to base on the songs, I would want to give them a tie. But in the interest of fairness, I have to give this singles battle winner to Lady Gaga's 'Paparazzi'. Not only was it played all over the world, but the song was even used in various hit television shows such as Gossip Girl.

Thinking of You/ Paparazzi on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

California Girls vs. Bad Romance

Bad Romance
Two different songs, two different vibes with two different audiences. How can I compare the two songs when they are both in their own genre amazing. Katy Perry keeps it on the West Coast while Gaga stays in the dance floor with 'Bad Romance'. Whether you are a Katy Perry fan or a 'Monster', if you don't know these two songs, then you shouldn't be calling yourselves fans or either one. There's no winner in this one. I have to give this one a tie. Yes, even though Katy had help from Snoop Dogg on this song.

California Girls/ Bad Romance Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

Teenage Dream vs. Telephone

Teenage Dream
The better the hits of these songs, the harder it is for me to choose which one is the better song. Both songs were hits of 2010 and although Lady Gaga had an assist from one they called Beyonce, there was more of a connection with 'Teenage Dream'. So the winner has to go down to Katy Perry. 'Teenage Dream' is the better song and even though some 'Monsters' will not agree, deep down, they have to admit that it is so face the facts.

Teenage Dream/ Telephone on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

Firework vs. Alejandro

Firework
These two ladies make it so hard for me to decide which one is better with each single. Although Lady Gaga did something different with 'Alejandro'. It has that Euro-Ace of Base type of sound. Don't get me wrong, the song is good but it's different from the others and it sounds like something that I've head already. 'Fireworks' to me is refreshing and just very uplifting. A beautiful in itself and I've grown to love it even more. So the winner goes to Katy Perry. 'Monsters' attack all you want, but you know that 'Alejandro' is not your typical Lady Gaga sound.

Firework/ Alejandro on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

E.T. vs. Born This Way

E.T.
As these women evolve, so do their songs. For the better or for the worse. Let's get to their latest singles, shall we? 'E.T.' was a song produced my Kanye West and has that futuristic sound going for it, which is good. 'Born This Way', does put Lady Gaga back in her comfort zone, but I've always say this (and I'm forever going to say this), but 'Born This Way' sounds a lot like 'Express Yourself' by Madonna. With that said, the choice makes it easier for me. Winner, Katy Perry. Sorry, 'Monsters', but I grew up listening to 'Express Yourself' and I like the song. Seeing someone doing a song similar to that, I can't let it win. I like the song, it's cool in it's own way, but it sounds too much like Madonna's.

E.T./ Born This Way on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

And the Winner is..........

Katy Perry
With that said, the winner of this battle goes to Katy Perry. Lady Gaga's fan base maybe twice as huge as Katy Perry's, but if you look back ten years from now, who do you think will still matter to fans? Katy Perry is more versatile and so what she might not have a global base like Gaga, but the longevity is there. You can hear it in her songs. Not to say that Gaga has longevity as well, its just that there are fads. People grow and latch onto fads and then they fade away. Their music will always be there for the loyal fans, but that's just about it. Lady Gaga is a fad and eventually (not knowing when) people are going to grow tired of it. Katy has that 'It' factor. If you don't agree, you're more than welcome to express yourselves or just listen to the songs and you be the judge.

Lady Gaga/ Katy Perry Full Albums on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

iTunes




Track Artist Album
Teenage Dream
Katy Perry Teenage Dream - Single
$1.29
Born This Way
Lady Gaga Born This Way (Bonus Track Version)
$1.29
Alejandro
Lady Gaga The Fame Monster (Deluxe Version)
$1.29
Judas
Lady Gaga Born This Way (Bonus Track Version)
$1.29

Edge of Glory vs. Last Friday Night

Edge of Glory
These are two songs that I've just included being that they are the most recent hits from both artist. While Last Friday Night sounds like the sequel the song Teenage Dream in some sort of way, Edge of Glory has it's own way and own style. The best part about the song is that it features the late great Clarence Clemons on the saxophone right before his death so this song has a new meaning to it. So I would have to give the edge to Edge of Glory.

Edge of Glory and Last Friday Night on Amazon MP3

Check out my favorite songs! I've handpicked these MP3s from Amazon. Take a listen. If you like, you can click to buy them on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment